I get so many questions in my business about makeup for redheads and I get why. There isn’t much out there showing us how to do our own makeup!
UPGRADE YOUR MAKEUP SKILLS WITH MY ONLINE 7-STEP FORMULA FOR BEAUTIFUL MAKEUP (EVERYTIME)
▷ OTHER VIDEOS YOU CAN CHECK OUT…….
BEST MAKEUP ARTISTS DO MY MAKEUP •
▷ CONNECT WITH ME…..
REDHEAD MAKEUP TIPS:
1. Cancel out redness that will be emphasized by red hair
* I don’t like green colour correctors unless you have rosacea or a lot of really pigmented redness on your skin. Instead I would use your regular concealer for typically redness or apply extra foundation in the areas you are red.
2. Sunscreen to avoid texture and redness
* Sensitive skin safe!
3. Sheer foundation for freckles. Start at periphery of the face and work in with product so you don’t cover the freckles too much!
* Awesome for freckles!
4. Eyeshadow colours. Usually based on eye colour but because our hair is so red sometimes the warm orangey shades can be too much. Stick with warm and neutral colours. I typically don’t love cool tone shades on red hair because of the warmth of our hair.
5. Keep under eye colour light. Using a brown eyeshadow can be very complimentary.
* I like using the shade ‘Warm Taupe’ on redheads in the crease and on the lower lash line! It is a beautiful shade that isn’t a huge contrast with our, typically fair, skin.
6. Match your foundation to your chest. Get colour matched if necessary but don’t always assume you are the lightest shade in the range.
* This foundation is lovely for freckles or anyone who prefers a lighter to medium lightweight foundation.
7. Brows. Your eyebrows frame your face. I love the look of having them filled in.
* This brow range is awesome for redheads!
I am a Canadian Makeup Artist and new mom! I love helping women feel their most beautiful!
Disclaimer – This video is NOT sponsored by any of the brands mentioned throughout. All thoughts and opinions mentioned are my own and are based on my own experience and preferences. Some links provided above are affiliate links. They do not cost you anything, but I make a small percentage from the sale. Thank you for supporting me!